In The News
For media inquiries, contact Executive Director Sharon Cornu at (510) 923-9600 x223.
- Oakland moving people from the street to hotel housing, Staff comments in Oakland North, November 18, 2023
- How painting your life story can promote healing, Oakland North, October 20, 2023
- The fastest-growing homeless population? Seniors, CalMatters, February 10, 2023
- 30 People Tell Us What Homelessness is Really Like, New York Times, February 2023
- Despite funding influx, California homelessness crisis grows in Alameda County, Courthouse News, May 27, 2022
- ‘Food is love’: After closing its winter homeless shelter, Oakland’s St. Mary’s Center tried something new, The Oaklandside, March 12, 2021
- COVID-19 leaves unhoused Oaklanders with few options for winter shelter, The Oaklandside, December 10, 2020
Updates & Newsletters
Thank you to the dedicated team of people and thought leaders that drive our mission at St. Mary’s Center. Check out these recent updates about their work.
- St. Mary’s Seniors Keith and Jesse recently appeared in a video about how housing justice begins with home, watch here (November 2023)
- Our team prioritizes good data systems to benefit homeless Seniors, learn more from our recent webinar (November 2023)
- Our very special Sacred Storytelling portraits are live in our Community Center, watch the videos (October 2023)
- Did you catch the summer newsletter? Read it here (September 2023)