to our most at risk, and should be celebrated and appreciated."
-State Senator Nancy Skinner
in kindergarten and joy of lifelong learning
In compliance with Alameda County Health Officer Orders, St. Mary’s Center is operating under strict protocols to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Community Center is closed until it is safe to re-open. Breakfast and lunch are not available but program participants can speak with case managers about food deliveries.
- Transitional Housing is operating under shelter-in-place orders. Case managers are seeing clients by telehealth appointment.
- Friendly Manor is open as transitional housing but the Drop-In Center is closed.
- Winter Shelter services will be provided through a Mobile Unit from December to April, serving unhoused Seniors in local encampments.
- Preschool is open under specific conditions.
- Sunday Dinners can be prepared offsite and provided in individual take-out packaging and served to Seniors at our three sites.
- Since March, St. Mary’s Center has delivered more than 8,500 meals and 1,200 grocery bags to neighbors in need.
The pandemic hits us hard because everything St. Mary’s Center does is based on bringing people together. Please wear a mask, wash your hands, and observe safe distances and practices. We can’t wait to be together again!
St. Mary's Center Is Making a Difference
Text SAFETYWALK to 484848 to join our weekly Wednesday 4pm Community Safety Walk! Our banners mean what they say: Keep Our Seniors Safe. No More Violence. Peace in Our Streets. Let's Protect Each Other Together. See you next week? #FeetOnTheStreets ... See MoreSee Less
Getting COVID can lead to severe illness, hospitalization & death for unvaccinated individuals, including youth & young adults. Vax is the best protection against severe COVID infection. Find a vax location near you: covid-19.acgov.org/vaccines or call (510)202-4VAX #GetVaxed ... See MoreSee Less
Thank you State Senator Nancy Skinner and California Association of Nonprofits for recognizing St. Mary's Center as Nonprofit of the Year 2021 in the East Bay (District 9). We're honored to provide food, housing, social services & education to the most at risk in our community. ... See MoreSee Less
If you haven't had a chance to be vaccinated yet, now is the perfect time. Protect yourself and the people you care about against new variants. Roots will be onsite at St. Mary's Center on Thu July 1, 9:30 am to offer the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. ... See MoreSee Less
THIS WEDNESDAY Join the WISER II & St. Mary's Center Hope & Justice Advocates Open House with special guest artist, Destiny Muhammad. Wed June 30 from 11am-12:30pm. Our older adults group will offer a program of music, art, humor & personal stories. More Info & RSVP email@example.com ... See MoreSee Less