in kindergarten and joy of lifelong learning
In compliance with Alameda County Health Officer Orders, St. Mary’s Center is operating under strict protocols to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Community Center is closed until it is safe to re-open. Breakfast and lunch are not available but program participants can speak with case managers about food deliveries.
- Transitional Housing is operating under shelter-in-place orders. Case managers are seeing clients by telehealth appointment.
- Friendly Manor is open as transitional housing but the Drop-In Center is closed.
- Winter Shelter services will be provided through a Mobile Unit from December to April, serving unhoused Seniors in local encampments.
- Preschool is open under specific conditions.
- Sunday Dinners can be prepared offsite and provided in individual take-out packaging and served to Seniors at our three sites.
- Since March, St. Mary’s Center has delivered more than 8,500 meals and 1,200 grocery bags to neighbors in need.
The pandemic hits us hard because everything St. Mary’s Center does is based on bringing people together. Please wear a mask, wash your hands, and observe safe distances and practices. We can’t wait to be together again!
St. Mary's Center Is Making a Difference
1 week ago
During this new year we want to honor our clients who have been a shining light of patience, kindness and resilience throughout this incredibly difficult moment. Thank you, SMC seniors, for your inspiration! ... See MoreSee Less
Why our food program is so important in reducing hunger for seniors..
From Nourish California's brief on hunger during the pandemic.: "Free groceries and money to purchase food would be the most helpful forms of food assistance for individuals and families." READ MORE HERE
most families. ... See MoreSee Less
St. Mary's Center is proud to be participate in the Master Plan for Aging...unveiling today at 1pm - Governor Newsom to give press conference....100 initiatives in 2 years...5 main goals. It will take all of us to make life better for seniors....we can do it!!! ... See MoreSee Less